Sunday, January 30, 2011

Impressionist Garden

I made 2 projects this week as part of Beth Rimmer's creative team. The kit is called Impressionist Garden and it's so beautiful! First I made a desk calendar:

I got this fabulous idea from the talented Linda on her blog the funkie junkie 
I made it with Beth's papers that I printed onto cardstock. I inked the edges with Walnut Stain distress ink. The main calendar part was cut out using the Top Note Sizzix die(SU) and my Bigshot. I cut out the butterflies from the kit and added Stickles Star Dust glitter glue to them. I added a metal clip (Tim Holtz) to easily change the month.
credits:

I used Addicted To Love ATC's by Beth Rimmer for my February calendar:


I used Christmas Red Stickles on the tiny hearts. I inked the edges of this month with Barn Door &Tea Stain Distress Inks. Here's a close up:

To make the calendar frame:

 I used a paper from  L'Esprit du Cirque to make the calendar frame. I taped it to a piece of thin cardboard and used Walnut Distress Ink on the edges of the cardstock. The stamp is a Tim Holtz stamp. So everytime I change the month I can read this great quote. Here is the back of the calendar:
I got the back calendar idea from Linda to print it on vellum. Next year I can slide it out from under the clips and put the new year in. I used a piece of lace ribbon to keep the calendar upright:
I also made some Thank You Cards with Beth's Impressionist Garden

I dry embossed the paper using Backgrounds 1 Stampin' Up! Texturz Plates under the buttons and the black cardstock using my Bigshot. The stamps are from Stampin Up.

The friends that I'm going to give these to, love purses Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Great calendar, Jen! I like the way you have your month clipped on. I'm so pleased that you were inspired by mine. That Impressionist Garden kit looks wonderful and worked perfect for the calendar. I've had mine sitting right on my craft table and it has been super handy. I was just thinking today that I better get going on my February insert.

Your purse thank you notes are adorable. What a clever idea that is!

Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog. They really do mean a lot to me. Have a great week!

Hugs,
Linda

Valerie-Jael said...

Great work!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Fabulous pieces!