Thursday, March 17, 2011

Faux Wood & Hard Work

I haven't participated for a while over at Drunken Stampers, but this challenge caught my eye: Faux Wood!! I really liked the technique Tim Holtz used this past year on one of his 12 Tags of Christmas. I don't own the embossing folder he used, so I used a Texturz Plate by Stampin Up from Texture Plates Kit #4.
Over at Gingersnap Creations the theme is Get to Work! The wood background on my project reminded me of loggers and how hard they work. The photo is from the web. It's from 1920. It amazes me how they were able to cut such huge trees back then! I enjoy history, so in researching this project I learned a lot. I also found a quote that I liked "Some people dream of success.....while others wake up and work hard at it" ~unknown
I made the flowers using the TH Tattered Florals die with jeans and burlap. I added a screw brad and a TH gear. Edges of photo and faux wood inked with Walnut Distress Ink. The faux wood was inked with vintage photo, victorian velvet, tea stain and walnut distress inks.
thanks for looking!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great take on the challenge! The faux wood works wonderfully with the lumberjacks. Thanks for joining us at Gingersnap Creations.

CuddlyBunny said...

WOW! Your faux wood is so cool, and coupled with the vintage image! Neat!

Thanks for joining us again at the Drunken Stampers Craft Pub!