Friday, March 25, 2011

A word: Story

This week Simon Says Stamp and Show ... a word! I made an altered book with the theme Story:
I took a class over at http://www.deviantscrap.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2109 on Altered Books taught by Beth Rimmer.
My book also was made with Gingersnap Creations GC95: Random Redhead Challenge - Typewriters in mind. I love antique typewriters and fonts. I added 2 typewriters and the font I used on the typerwriter on the top left is my favorite: 1942 Report.

Typerwriter on top left is from Queen Bee by Holliewood Studios at Deviant Scrap.com


I made the drawers using Crumb Cake cardstock (SU).

The handles are Hitch Knobs (Tim Holtz)



I made the heart out of bronze UTEE.
The heart charm is a Typewriter charm by Tim Holtz that I put a heart in.


I made the flower from Tattered Floral Die by Tim Holtz and embossed it with the Vintage Wallpaper embossing Folder (SU).  Edges were inked with Brick Red Distress Ink.

Tickets and metal corners are by Tim Holtz, and glass charms are from Michaels. I glued everything down including the pages with Claudine Helmuth's Multi Medium Matte -it's an awesome glue!!
Thanks for looking!!

5 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Simply gorgeous Jen, love it all from start to finish! Valerie

Candy C said...

Jen, your altered book is absolutely beautiful! I love all the little pull out drawers and fun elements you added! Very nicely done...certainly a keepsake! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge! <3 Candy

Dan said...

What a great project Jen, so much to admire! I love interactive things like this with little drawers to open and secrets to be found :) The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

Jean Franks Beck said...

Wow, what a fun a beautiful project! I love how you've made a "scrapbook" of sorts using the altered book technique, and I love all the wonderful details. Those little drawers are awesome. And I love the typewriter theme, too (that 1942 font is one of my faves, too). Thanks for playing along at Gingersnap Creations!

Electra said...

This is spectacular! And thanks for joining my blog, I'm delighted to have found you as well!