Saturday, March 19, 2011

Simon Says Stamp and Show ... some Stars!

This week Simon Says Stamp and Show ... some Stars!
I made a cover for a deck of playing cards. My friends and I love to play the card game Pounce. I made this deck for one of my friend's birthday, she LOVES stars. :) I covered the box with Sticky- Back Canvas to make it more durable so she can keep a deck in her purse in case she wants to play.  
The star on the top flap is punched from a piece of cardstock and 2 layers of clear UTEE was applied to it. I sewed on a Tim Holtz snap.

I sprayed the canvas with Key Lime Tattered Angels Glitter Spray.

Next I stamped stars (SU! Stamps) all over the dry canvas using Black Archival Ink. Then I brushed a thin layer of Claudine Hellmuth's Multi Medium all over the canvas to seal and protect it.
Thanks for looking!!

2 comments:

Candy C said...

How cute is this?!? And useful, too! Love the idea and your craftmanship is wonderful! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge! <3 Candy

Kim Costello said...

This is brilliant Jen, makes me want to get a pack of cards out LOL! I love the star design and the fab colour, great use of canvas too!
Thanks for playing along with us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week.
HuGs Kim :)